PSH, Inc. is a buyer of quality hardwood and veneer logs. Our log buying habits include purchasing “gate logs”, which are logs delivered to our yard, as well as inspecting larger parcels of logs at logging landings and other yards within 175 miles of our Spencer Yard.
Log Species We Buy:
- White Oak
- Black Walnut
- Northern Red Oak
- Black Oak
- Hard Maple
Standards of Accepted Logs:
- Logs are scaled according to the Doyle Rule, across the bark going up the tree
- Standard log lengths are 8′, 10′, 12′, 14′, 16′ and 18′ with atleast 6″ of trim
- Logs must be solid and sound
- Logs must be straight
- Logs must be free of any metal either current or past
- Veneer logs must have few defects such as pins, limbs, seams, shake, unequal growth rings, wood discoloring, large heartwood, and side checks
- Logs are scaled on the small end of the log inside the bark and sap
- Minimum diameter on the small end of log inside the bark and sap is 12″ for saw logs and 14″ for veneer logs
Prices will vary as the markets dictate, so we are unable to provide a price list on our website. Please contact us directly for a quote.
Gate logs delivered to our yard by Thursday at 12:00pm will be scaled and paid for on Friday of the same week after 12:00pm. Logs delivered after noon on Thursday will be paid for the following week.
Logs selected by our buyer outside of the PSH, Inc yard will be paid for on the Friday after all logs have been delivered.